Fisionomia dos imperadores romanos

Área destinada a discussões sobre História, Sociedade, Comportamento e Filosofia

Fisionomia dos imperadores romanos

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

Um trabalho impressionante de recriação da fisionomia de dezenas de imperadores romanos.
Algo que envolveu muita pesquisa e talento.
Realmente impressionante!

Haroun Binous
Roman History
d6 de SmtaSghpaorço fànss usnnnof1dgrtec8:1e2nndeauhc ·
© (IN CHRONOLOGY) : ALL THE ROMANS EMPERORS FROM AUGUSTUS TO FLAVIUS ARCADIUS
Crédit : Haroun Binous
Shop : https://www.etsy.com/fr/shop/ARTinAI

IMPORTANT NOTE AND COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER :

Here is finally the fruit of 8 months of work gathered in this post, this collection composed of approximately sixty emperors from the 1st to the 4th century. this is the summary and the correction of my past works. In-depth documentation was necessary throughout this work, in particular thanks to documents such as:

H. V. Canter book "Personal Appearance in the Biography of the Roman Emperors", but also Suetonius and Pliny.
Color of the hair, eyes, face etc. ; I tried to be as realistic as possible. on the other hand, the description of the emperors of the 3-4th century is nearly non-existent, so I allowed myself my own personal touches regarding coloring, hair styles and facial features.

Work : these works are mainly based on the different busts and statues available on the internet. the compilation of different statue of each emperor was necessary to arrive at the final result. the use of photoshop and Artbreeder was the basis of this work. but also thanks to other programs which allowed this result.

3rd and 4th Century : the difficulty of the facial reconstruction was evident from Diocletian. the simple reason being that the lack of availability of the busts in direct relation with the christinization of the emperors. the few valid busts were "unrealistic", wide eyes turned upward in submission to god. I was therefore obliged to bring my own personal touch.

© LIMIATION OF COMMERCIAL USE FOR THIS CONTENT :

No Commercial Use of Content. You may not use this content for any commercial MECHANDISING purpose , SELF CONTENT PUBLICITY and SELF PROFIT BY SELLING THIS CONTENT.
No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create artwork based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.

** For more information on the acquisition of my works, please contact me on facebook (Haroun Binous) or on instagram (haroun.bin)

Re: Fisionomia dos imperadores romanos

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

Alguns exemplos:
(clique nas fotos para ampliá-las)
Augustus

27 BC — 19 AD (Died age 75 - Natural Causes)

Hair: light brown, fair, blondish “subflavum“ (Suet. Aug. 77)(Via Cocci)

Eyes: “clear, bright eyes” (Suetonius) bluish grey “glauci” (Pliny XI, 54) (Via Cocci)

Skin: “His complexion was between dark and fair” (Suetonius) ‘dark skin’ in an ancient context is not believed to be a statement of racial heritage (via Walton et al.)

Other: “His teeth were wide apart, small, and ill-kept … his eyebrows met. His ears were of moderate size, and his nose projected a little at the top and then bent ever so slightly inward. His complexion was between dark and fair.” (Suetonius)

Height: “He was short of stature, although Julius Marathus, his freedman and keeper of his records, says that he was five feet and nine inches (just under 5 ft. 7 in., or 1.70 meters, in modern height measurements), but this was concealed by the fine proportion and symmetry of his figure, and was noticeable only by comparison with some taller person standing beside him…” (Suetonius)
Augustus.jpg

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

Tiberius

14–37 (Died aged 75 - Probably natural causes, possibly assassinated by Caligula or praetorian prefect)

Hair: “full and worn so long behind. ;bald in later life.” (via Canter)

Eyes: *

Skin: “face handsome but often, especially in later years, full of pimples and sores” (via Canter)

Other: *

Height: “height somewhat above average; broad of shoulders and chest, and evenly proportioned in all other members of the body” (via Canter)
Tibérius.jpg

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

Caligula

37–41 (Died age 28 — Assassinated in a conspiracy involving senators and Praetorian Guards)

Hair: Light Brown beard (and hair). Originally referenced text (Sueutonius, 52), was a description of Caligula’s habits of dressing up as a woman which was against the roman moral (Mos Maiorum) (via Cocci) “head misshapen, eyes and temples sunken; hair thin, with crown of head bald; hair and beard worn long for a time after death of his sister. neck covered with bristles and rest of the body hairy;” (via Canter)

Eyes: Green ; “eyes staring and with a glare savage enough to torture.” (via Canter)

Skin: *

Height: “Tall, ill proportioned, an object of derision; neck and legs very thin; feet enormous” (via Canter)

Calígula.jpg

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

Coleção completa aqui:

Roman History

ALL THE ROMANS EMPERORS FROM AUGUSTUS TO FLAVIUS ARCADIUS

Imperadores romanos.jpg

Gigaview

Mensagem por Gigaview »

Roman Emperors | Realistic Facial Recreations Using AI and Photoshop (1st Century CE)

youtu.be/gfqy7ipjDWI

How Historical Figures Would Look If They Were Alive Today

youtu.be/wKhdye3pOvU
Responder