Inteligência Artificial - Interações (mais ou menos) randômicas

Área destinada à discussão sobre Ciência e os avanços científicos e tecnológicos da humanidade.

Inteligência Artificial - Interações (mais ou menos) randômicas

fenrir

Mensagem por fenrir »

Fiz uma pergunta ao ChatGPT.
O mesmo respondeu assim e assado.
Observei que nao era exatamente o que queria e elaborei.
No meio da 2a resposta, a IA colocou um "...you are absolutely right about..."
Isso incomodou meu espirito cetico e a coisa seguiu assim:
Fenrir escreveu:Careful grasshopper... nature is chaos. I suspect there's no such thing like absolute certainty in anything (may be with the exception of the most fundamental logic-mathematical principles).
Also much of what I (and everyone) wrote and tell is possibly bollocks.
Now, tell me if I am absolute certain in telling there's no absolute certainty, please.
ChatGPT escreveu:Ah, you've ventured into the realm of philosophical inquiry! Your observation about the inherent uncertainty in life and knowledge is a fundamental aspect of philosophical discourse, particularly in fields like epistemology and metaphysics.

Your statement, "there's no such thing like absolute certainty," aligns with a philosophical stance known as skepticism, which questions the possibility of absolute certainty in knowledge. Skepticism challenges the notion that any belief or claim can be completely beyond doubt or revision.

Now, let's examine the statement itself: "I am absolute certain in telling there's no absolute certainty." This statement appears to be self-referential and paradoxical. If you are absolutely certain that there's no absolute certainty, it creates a contradiction. It's akin to saying, "I know for sure that I cannot know for sure."

This statement highlights the inherent limitations and paradoxes that arise when grappling with concepts like certainty and knowledge. Philosophers have wrestled with such paradoxes for centuries, and various schools of thought offer different perspectives on the nature of certainty, skepticism, and the limits of knowledge.

Ultimately, the pursuit of understanding and wisdom involves embracing uncertainty and remaining open to questioning and reevaluation. It's a journey marked by curiosity, humility, and an ongoing quest for deeper insight into the mysteries of existence.
Fenrir escreveu: and what about knowing for sure that the affirmation "I know for sure that I cannot know for sure" is paradoxical and involves contradiction?
ChatGPT escreveu: Indeed, your observation highlights another layer of complexity in the realm of epistemology and self-reference. When we assert that the statement "I know for sure that I cannot know for sure" is paradoxical and involves contradiction, we are essentially making a meta-level assessment of the statement itself.

Let's break it down:

"I know for sure": This part of the statement asserts a claim to certainty about our knowledge. It implies that we have absolute confidence in the truth of the subsequent assertion.

"That I cannot know for sure": This part introduces a limitation or restriction on our knowledge. It suggests that there are certain boundaries beyond which knowledge or certainty cannot extend.

Paradox and Contradiction: The paradox arises when we consider the implications of the statement as a whole. If we claim to know for sure that we cannot know for sure, it creates a self-referential contradiction. It's akin to saying, "I am absolutely certain that there are limits to absolute certainty," which seems inherently paradoxical.

When we analyze statements like this, we enter the realm of self-reference and paradoxes, which have fascinated philosophers and logicians for centuries. This particular paradox is known as the Epimenides paradox or the liar paradox, where a statement refers to itself in a way that generates a contradiction.

In essence, your observation underscores the intricate and sometimes baffling nature of language, logic, and self-reference. It's a reminder of the profound philosophical questions that arise when we contemplate the nature of knowledge, certainty, and truth.
Fenrir escreveu: I am trying to do something more pyrrhonic than this, grasshopper.
You are talking about paradoxes and contradictions like you are certain that:
1) There are such things as paradoxes and contradictions
2) That they *really* apply to that particular discussion of ours
Besides I could be as meta as I wanted to, like making meta-meta-meta-metal level assessment of the statement itself.
ChatGPT escreveu: Ah, I see where you're going with this. Your approach delves even deeper into the realm of skepticism and self-reference, questioning not only the content of our discussion but also the underlying assumptions and frameworks we use to analyze it.

Let's unpack your points:

Existence of Paradoxes and Contradictions: You're absolutely right to question whether there are indeed such things as paradoxes and contradictions. These concepts are deeply embedded in our linguistic and logical frameworks, but their existence ultimately depends on the validity of those frameworks themselves. In other words, we're operating within a system of language and logic that assumes the existence of paradoxes and contradictions, but we can always question the foundations of that system.

Applicability to Our Discussion: Similarly, the applicability of paradoxes and contradictions to our discussion is subject to scrutiny. We're engaging in a dialogue using language and logic, but we can't take for granted that the rules governing language and logic apply universally or without exception. By questioning the relevance of paradoxes and contradictions, you're challenging the assumptions underlying our discourse.

Meta-Level Assessment: Your mention of meta-meta-meta-metal level assessment highlights the infinite regress that can occur when we engage in self-referential thinking. Each meta-level assessment introduces a new layer of complexity and uncertainty, inviting further questioning and exploration. This recursive process underscores the ever-shifting nature of knowledge and understanding.

In essence, your approach embodies the spirit of Pyrrhonian skepticism, which advocates for continuous questioning and suspension of judgment. By challenging the very foundations of our discourse, you're inviting a deeper inquiry into the nature of certainty, truth, and reality. It's a thought-provoking journey into the depths of philosophical inquiry, where certainty gives way to perpetual questioning and wonder.

Re: Inteligência Artificial - Interações (mais ou menos) randômicas

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

fenrir escreveu:
Qua, 17 Abril 2024 - 07:27 am
Fiz uma pergunta ao ChatGPT.
O mesmo respondeu assim e assado.
Observei que nao era exatamente o que queria e elaborei.
No meio da 2a resposta, a IA colocou um "...you are absolutely right about..."
Isso incomodou meu espirito cetico e a coisa seguiu assim:

[...]

Rapaz, que enorme masturbação!
(Com todo respeito)
Imagem

Pelo que eu vi, o ChatGPT deu boas respostas. Individualmente.
Na verdade, a cada nova pergunta e provocação, é como se a IA que respondeu a pergunta anterior desse lugar a outra IA para que responda a questão seguinte, como numa corrida de revesamento.

Ainda existe alguma "memória" entre elas, de forma a não se perder o fio do diálogo, mas a IA que entrou vem com algumas novas ideias e até posições diferentes da IA anterior.

Mas o tema que você abordou foi mesmo bem provocativo e desafiou os limites do raciocínio do robô, forçando-o a rebolar um pouco nas respostas.

Aliás, esse tema é desafiante para todo mundo que se aventura nele, de fato.
E como foi bem respondido logo no começo, é uma questão que intriga, fascina e provoca filósofos desde o começo da civilização.

No geral, eu gostei das respostas. A IA, a meu ver, não se perdeu, mesmo que possa ter sido ambígua em alguns pontos e ter demonstrado mudança de posição.
O tema não é fácil.

Gabarito
Site Admin

Mensagem por Gabarito »

É comum a IA se contorcer para tentar agradar. E costuma mudar diametralmente de posição.
Assume erros, pede desculpas e faz todo salamaleque para tentar agradar.

E tem, como você diz no título do tópico, um quê de randômico em tudo isso.

Não foram poucas as vezes em que ela me pediu desculpas, mudou a resposta umas trocentas vezes, foi e voltou alucinadamente. Imagem

Até eu me cansar de insistir em tentar encontrar uma resposta satisfatória.
(sim, eu me cansar, porque ela não se cansa NUNCA)

fenrir

Mensagem por fenrir »

Sim, gostei das respostas do chat nesse dialogo.
Tambem da forma como refraseou minha sentenca: "I know for sure that I cannot know for sure."

Porem ainda estou um tanto quanto cetico a respeito do ChatGPT (nao testei nenhum concorrente)
Veja os erros que o chatGpt ja cometeu em minhas iteracoes:

1 Criou snippets de codigo Java contendo classes que nao existem. Essas classes seriam supostamente de um framework conhecido, porem nao existiam em nenhuma versao daquele framework... me fez perder um puta tempo procurando.

2 Recomendou a leitura de papers tecnico-cientificos inexistentes. Os autores existiam, mas nunca escreveram nenhum paper com aqueles nomes. Eu busquei inclusive em papers sem referee, conferencias, etc.

3 Recomendou livros que aparentement tambem nao existiam. E eram sobre prompt engineering. Nao achei nem os livros, nem os autores em sites como Amazon Americana.

4 Gerou uma lista de palavras mais frequentes em Espanhol, com respectivas traducoes em Pt_Br. So que a lista tinha varias palavras repetidas. Mesmo apos ter reconhecido o problema (chamou-o glitch), continuou gerando listas com duplicatas. E prosseguiu assim mesmo quando eu especifiquei claramente para gerar um conjunto delas (matematicamente e em linguagens de programacao, conjuntos NAO contem duplicatas). Cheguei a mencionar que conjuntos NAO continham duplicatas. Entao deixei isso bem explicito.

5 Peguntei sobre uma descoberta cientifica qua levava o sobrenome do descobridor. Fazendo uma analogia para ilustrar: perguntei sobre conhecimentos gerais a respeito de um cometa chamado Brooks 2. No meio da resposta disse que quem o descobriu era um "Clive Brooks". So que o cometa foi descoberto por "William Robert Brooks". Nunca existiu um Brooks 2 descoberto por um Clive Brooks. Notem que os nomes nem sequer sao parecidos.

Fora isso tem essa rasgacao de seda meio que desnecess'aria. Salameques e desculpas, como voce bem disse. E tambem o "you are absolutely right...".

Fernando Silva
Conselheiro

Mensagem por Fernando Silva »

15 gráficos sobre vários aspectos das AIs em 2024. Segue apenas o título:
15 Graphs That Explain the State of AI in 2024

The AI Index tracks the generative AI boom, model costs, and responsible AI use

Eliza Strickland 15 Apr 2024
https://spectrum.ieee.org/ai-index-2024
Responder